According to research, about two-thirds of human dietary vitamin E intake consists of desmethyl tocopherols and tocotrienols. For proper nutrition, tocotrienols should only represent 5-10% of this vitamin E profile. This research and more allowed SourceOne to utilize our technical formulation know-how to create the most advance and complete vitamin E solution that includes a science-backed balance of all eight E isomers and mirrors the health foods we consume.
Tocopherols: d-alpha-tocopherol, d-beta-tocopherol, d-gamma-tocopherol, d-delta-tocopherol
Tocotrienols: d-alpha-tocotrienol, d-beta-tocotrienol, d-gamma-tocotrienol, d-delta-tocotrienol
Unfortunately, these vitamin E isomers have very low aqueous solubility, rendering them poorly bioavailable after oral administration. To overcome these limitations, SourceOne utilizes the VESIsorb® delivery system which dramatically improves the pharmacokinetic parameters (Cmax, Tmax, and AUC) of this complete vitamin E profile.
The benefits are unmatched:
- Faster onset, independent of food/fat status.
- Fewer servings required to achieved the desired therapeutic effect.
- Superior loading for smaller and easier to consumer capsules.
- Addressing issues related to poor absorption like age, diet, and gender.
Simply put, this is the only formula ever created to achieve high bioavailable doses of all eight vitamin E isomers in one softgel capsule.
It's important for brands and consumers to understand that not all vitamin E supplements are created equally. With Cardio E®, the key nutritional areas of focus are quite compelling.
- Lower alpha-tocopherol levels.
- Increased gamma-tocopherol levels.
- Add tocotrienols, mostly delta and gamma isomers.
- Develop vitamin E formulas that mirror our food and have the “appropriate spectrum” of all natural vitamin E isomers.
- Eight different isomers (alpha, beta, gamma, and delta tocopherols and the corresponding tocotrienols).
- Many vitamin E products contain unnatural levels of alpha-tocopherol that actually decrease the uptake in the other isomers.
- Appropriate balance = gamma to alpha tocopherol ratio (2:1) and tocopherol to tocotrienol ratio (10:1).